|Title:||Assistant Development Director, Alumni Relations|
Assistant Development Director, Alumni Relations
The Development Office, along with the offices of Admissions, Communications and Inclusion and Engagement, make up Sacred Heart Schools’ Department of Institutional Advancement. The Institutional Advancement team works collaboratively to build understanding and support of the Schools’ mission and programs and to secure resources to enhance the Schools and ensure its future. Collectively and individually, the team strives to model the values expressed in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education.
The Development Office advances Sacred Heart’s mission by creating opportunities that invite philanthropic investment in the Schools’ ongoing programs and strategic priorities. Reporting to the Development Director, the Assistant Development Director, Alumni Relations manages the Sheridan Road Alumni Association (SRAA) and their related events, as well as assists with alumni fundraising efforts for the Development Office and Department of Institutional Advancement.
Essential Job Functions:
Sheridan Road Alumni Association
Serve as chief liaison to the Sheridan Road Alumni Association, which serves the thousands of alumni of the Academy of the Sacred Heart for Girls and Hardey Prepatory for Boys.
- Ensure SRAA policies and procedures are implemented in accordance with the organization’s by-laws
- Work closely with the SRAA Board to identify and recruit new members and volunteers, arranging Board meetings, creating content and programming for agendas, suggesting appropriate alumni for staffing various school committees, and ensuring strong and productive relationships between Board members and the schools’ leadership
- Provide administrative and logistical support for all SRAA programs and events
- Recruit, involve and support alumni affinity groups that span all generations of Sacred Heart alumni
- Serve as point of contact with national and international Sacred Heart alumni organizations
- Manage events and special projects involving alumni, like Mass of Remembrance, Young Alumni Party, Parents of Alumni Party, Santa on Sheridan family event, Seiker Award nomination process, and identification and recruitment of Angel Brunch speaker.
- Identify, recruit and manage the Class Representatives programs. Responsibilities include working with each Representative to serve update class lists and serve as communicators with their class, including eliciting content for Alumni Notes in Heartbeat and the Alum e-News
- Identify, recruit and manage Host Committees, requiring coordinating communications with committee members to garner attendance at all alumni events
- Work with Assistant Development Director, Special Events to produce the annual Angel Brunch
- Recruit and support 8th grade Alumni Ambassadors
- Manage alumni social media accounts, i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Alumni Weekend Coordinator
Act as project manager for all aspects of the multi-class celebration.
- Provide administrative and logistical leadership for all campus events and programming for Alumni Weekend
- Assist with Class Representatives and Host Committee Alumni Weekend communication efforts
- Promote Alumni Weekend activities through a variety of communication vehicles: invitations, School website and Facebook pages, eblasts and newsletters
- Manage reunion budget and track expenses. Oversee the receipt and management of reunion responses and payments
- Manage event follow up: acknowledgements, reconciliation and reporting, and post-event wrap up with SRAA Board and key volunteers
Nurture donor relationships with alumni, parents of alumni, and Network of Sacred Heart Schools alumni.
- Work individually and collaboratively to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni and past parent prospects and donors in order to increase charitable support for the Schools. Assist in creating individualized qualification, cultivation, and solicitation for potential donors
- Establish Reunion Class Giving Campaign as part of Alumni Weekend
- Work with the Development Director, Director of Institutional Advancement and Head of Schools in speaking to 8th graders about Stewardship and Philanthropy, and coordinating an 8th grade class gift.
Manage alum information and share when and where appropriate.
- Correspond with constituents and acknowledge their individual accomplishments and life milestones
- Collaborate with Communications Office to develop strategic communication ideas that meet the informational needs of alumni and parents of alumni, including interviewing and writing an alumni profile for the bi-annual Heartbeat newsletter, and soliciting class notes for the Schools’ publications. Provide reports and analysis of online activity to identify effectiveness of pertinent communications
- Manage alumni and parents of alumni memorials. Communicate information to the Sacred Heart Community and members of the descedant’s class, as appropriate
- Create and edit monthly Alum E-News publication
Additional duties may be assigned when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Graduate of Sacred Heart Schools Chicago or a Sacred Heart network school preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years working within a Development environment. Previous fundraising experience desired, preferably within a school.
- Must work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Finalsite School Website software.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other enterprise software preferred.
Characteristics of Success:
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to Catholic education and comfortability in expressing its value.
- Ability to move projects forward according to timeline and budget.
- Attention to details a must.
- Polished customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask projects.
- Collegiality, positivity and maturity.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.