|Title:||Primary School Lead Teacher|
P.S Lead Teacher
Full Time, 10 Month
Sacred Heart Schools is seeking a Primary School, Grade 1 Hardey Lead Teacher whose chief responsibility will be to work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education to teach 1st grade boys in a self-contained classroom.
Essential Job Functions:
- As a member of the Primary School faculty, this teacher will be responsible for:
- Instructing core subjects
- Developing 21st Century curriculum strategies utilizing best practices, including project based learning
- Utilize common assessments in the core subject areas in conjunction with the grade team to evaluate student outcomes
- Use student assessment data to drive instruction
- Working as an active and collaborative member of grade teams and with other primary school faculty members
- The Primary School Instructor will work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart to achieve these basic teacher expectations:
- Supports – Implements – Models the Goals and Criteria for Sacred Heart Schools.
- Demonstrates appropriate planning and preparation for instruction
- Develops and maintains a classroom atmosphere that inspires learning
- Upholds professional standards of personal presentation, discretion, punctuality, and clear, direct, open communication.
- Appropriately carries out specific assignments, including but not limited to assigned supervision and duties, and other areas as assigned by the Leadership Team.
- Maintains professional credentials and/or certification as defined by our accrediting agency and consistent with band level placement
- Align with other with other Primary School faculty for vertical curriculum coordination.
- Provides comprehensive parent communication and education concerning students’ performance and progress
A Successful Candidate will:
- Demonstrate good organization and attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills with service orientation
- Be highly motivated, ethical and eager to learn in a collaborative setting
- Prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Enjoy working both independently and as member of a team
- Have experience teaching in a differentiated environment, including teaching small groups of students
- Knowledge, experience and implementation of:
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Everyday Math Curriculum, including online resources and assessments
- Fountas and Pinnell reading strategies and assessments
- Daily 5 Reading Structure
- Six Traits Writing strategies
- Project Based Learning
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Primary School Experience in grades K, 1, 2 is preferred.