|Title:||Middle School French Instructor (Leave Coverage)|
Title: Middle School French Instructor (Leave Coverage) Classification: Exempt
Department: Middle School Status: Full-Time
Reports to: Head of Middle School Hired by: Head of Schools
Founded in Chicago in 1876, Sacred Heart Schools at Sheridan Road (Hardey Preparatory for Boys and Academy of the Sacred Heart for Girls) are independent, Catholic, single-gender elementary schools committed to academic excellence within the context of a Christian, faith-based community. The educational mission is deeply rooted in the 200-year tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart and shared with the Network of Sacred Heart Schools located in 30 countries, including 22 schools in the United States. The essence of this tradition is the total development of each child: spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical. Our girls and boys are taught in single-gender classrooms, but follow a similar curriculum and share in many activities. With a total enrollment of approximately 700 students, the schools are organized into three academic divisions each led by a division head.
Sacred Heart Schools is seeking a Middle School French Teacher (Grades 6, 7, and 8), who will cover for a parental leave starting March 2021 through mid-June 2021. As a member of the Middle School Faculty, the person will work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education to teach Science within a differentiated classroom and will act as an advisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Experience teaching French language to middle school students.
- Curriculum development and implementation, classroom management (including organization and appearance), student evaluation, grade reporting and parent communication
- Experience with incorporating additional duties (i.e., playground supervision, lunchroom supervision, etc.)
- Have a working knowledge of the school technology program, laptops, and software necessary to the implementation of the curriculum
- Maintaining clear, accurate, up-to-date classroom records including:
- Curriculum updates
- Lesson plans
- Assessments and rubrics
- Child Study Team referrals
- Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Middle School which are subject to change at any time including to satisfy a reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
Qualities and Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, masters preferred
- French fluency; native speakers encouraged to apply.
- 2-4 years of classroom experience teaching French at the elementary school level
- Experience with both in person and remote teaching and using Zoom for instruction
Sacred Heart Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate